Thursday, September 27, 2012

Book Review: The Devil is a Gentleman

        Today's review is on The Devil is a Gentleman by J.L. Murray

The Devil is a Gentleman is the second book in the Niki Slobodian series, and though I enjoyed it very much, I wanted to see more in the way of Niki's relationship with Sam. I mean, am I the only one that wants these two to get together? It's all there, I can see it coming; I think. I just don't want to wait to book four to get there.

Anyway, book two picks up right where we left our heroine. Hating her father for what he had become, but loving him just the same. But did she really know her father? In Gentleman, Niki finds out the truth about her him when she learns about The Blood.

The Blood is a group of twelve powerful individual's that even Sam want's Niki to avoid. But when the person responsible for The Registry, the one man who ruined your life, comes to you, an "abby" for help, how can you NOT get involved. It's only when Niki learns about how her father and her sister were treated, and continue to be treated by The Blood, does she begin to understand why Sasha did what he did.

But there's a war brewing. A war between Heaven and Hell, and Niki's actions will bring the deciding factor into play. Will Niki's "do-gooderness" win out in the end? We'll have to wait for book three to actually find out.

FYI, Gentleman is NOT a stand alone book. You will understand the overall concept better if you read the first book; Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, first. My only complaint is that I would really like to see a bit more romance for Niki. (I vote for Sam, just in case you're wondering)

4 of 5 stars
Available at Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment