Thursday, October 11, 2012

Book Review: Bleeding Hearts

Today's review is on Bleeding Hearts by Ash Krafton

Believe me when I say that I have read just about every vampire book out there from Anne Rice to L J Smith. It now takes a book with a unique twist to not only keep me reading, but to also get a 4 star rating from me. Ash Krafton's Bleeding Hearts did just that. It is not just a story of good vs. evil, nor is it your average love story. It's a story of Hope and of helping others.

Sophie Galen has a big heart. Her undying optimism led her to seek out a career in nursing but sadly she cared to much. She became disheartened that the ones that really needed the help didn't always get it. Now she's an advice columnist for The Mag, has a purely platonic relationship with her ex-boyfriend, and still finds time to give change to the local bums.

Having basically given up on ever finding the kind of love she once shared with Jared, she is surprised to find that she is instantly attracted to a man she has just met. Marek is basically sex on a stick. Tall, Dark, Handsome, and exuding power. Little does she know that the hint of danger that she "feels" from him may very well be the death of her. Toss into a world where Vampires and Werewolves are real, deer sweet Sophie will never be the same again. And with her love, neither will Marek.

My one complaint about Bleeding Hearts centers around the character of Jared. As a character of such great importance to Sophie, he made a drastic disappearing act in the second part of the book, and well, didn't last through to the end. That, in at least my opinion, could be improved on.

Sexy without the sex is difficult but Krafton does a decent job. I could do with a little more though. You can show me a little more without being graphic. Don't hold everything back Ash.

All in all, Bleeding Hearts is a great addition to my bookshelf, and hopefully yours too.

4 of 5 stars
Available at Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment