Sunday, June 10, 2012

Book Review: 8-The Previously Untlod Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf

Today's review is on 8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf by Michael Mullin

As Mullin states in this book, many tales that have been spun by authors such as The Brothers Grimm, have been altered through the years to provide the elusive Happily Ever After.  Truth be told however, not everyone gets that happy ending.  Nor does good always triumph over evil.  That is just one reason why I really enjoyed 8.

Written with the prose of a seasoned rhymer, 8 is filled with witty sarcasm that flows effortlessly from one sentence to the next.  (If you can read this book without a smile on your face, I would be very surprised.)

What really happened to Snow White?  In 8 you're given an even more plausible rendition; than that of Walt Disney, with the help of the unknown 8th dwarf.

Quick witted and all around cute, I love this dark take on this well loved tale.  But what happened to the 8th dwarf in the end?  Give me just one more page to let me know.

4 of 5 stars
Available @ Amazon

1 comment:

  1. The Gothic

    I am the poet of the dark
    cropping in cold gardens
    dead flowers
    with pale hands

    Am I being dark
    who watches the night
    with the look of a vampire
    trying to find beauty
    that lurks in every shadow

    My eyes painted black
    see what they can not
    be seen
    by mortal eyes

    I am the night mist
    ear of
    gargoyles
    the cathedrals

    I wander in the dark skies
    where the eyes of
    crows
    shine
    the magical twilight


    in the dark
    see the light
    few still
    produces
    and on earth where beings
    day
    creep
    gently with plan
    my wings
    dark angel

    My loneliness
    devours the hours
    waiting for the day is done
    to fall on me
    cover of night
    where daydream
    without arousing

    My verses written
    with blood
    runs like a warm rain
    in abandoned buildings
    where I leave the lament of a world
    ill
    recorded


    Disease left by beings
    day
    that destroy the world
    with their impious rage
    Who are the strangers?
    Or are you crazy?


    Leave me alone with my sorrow
    because the left is crying
    After all, someone needs to cry
    then
    it's me
    being of darkness
    Nosferatu

    Let me light my fire
    in the land of the dead souls
    I lie down on the tombstones cold and pies
    left by beings
    of old

    Let me sing
    dark bowels
    Close to me
    the world is sick
    maybe there is more healing
    someone needs to cry
    then it's me
    being the dark night

    Sandro Kretus

    ReplyDelete