Monday, February 25, 2013

Book Review: Shifty Business

                Today's review is on Shifty Business by Olivia Hardin

I'm always a little sad when a series that I have been reading ends. I get so caught up with the characters that I feel as though I'm loosing a close friend. And I have most certainly fallen in love with these mythical characters. First Devan and Kent, Jill and Doc, and of course Gerry and Nicky. Each of them adding substance to the Bend-Bite-Shift's main plot. To save the children and stop the Org.

While book one focused on Devan, Kent, and a bit on Jill, the second book focused on Jill and Doc, and this book focused on Gerry and Nicky.

Not only are they keeping secrets from their friends; the fact that they are married, but they're keeping secrets from each other. Well, at least Gerry is keeping secrets. And when she is left in a coma like state, her secret is revealed and the once happy couple begin to pull apart. Nicky begins to wonder if his feelings are real or if she was controlling them, and if she even loves him at all.

But don't fret, surprises are in store for Gerry and Nicky. Surprises you won't want to miss.

Though I liked book one and book three, I think book two is still my favorite. But that's just me :)

My recommendation......Edit, Edit, Edit, and then have someone Proofread your work. Your books are your babies so to speak, so go the extra mile and make sure they are perfect.

3 of 5 stars
Available at Amazon

Book Description: via Amazon

Gerry Hinton thought she had the perfect career as an operative for the Company. Her next assignment should have been another "mission accomplished", but hell was delivering hand baskets that day. When a little girl gives a mysterious silver box to Gerry, her world self-destructs. Suddenly under constant mental attacks, the only person who can save her is her partner, Nicky--but nothing comes without a cost. Secrets buried deep in the past begin to rise, threatening everything she holds dear. If she can't out run her past, can she save her future?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for being a part of the tour!

    Happy reading, everyone.

    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete