Monday, May 6, 2013

Book Review: Blood Rush

                   Today's review is on Blood Rush by Ash Krafton

This second installment in Rush's Demimonde series was one that I was very much anticipating. Though it took me a while before I could get to reading it, it was well worth that wait. Filled with twists that I never saw coming, Blood Rush was one of those books that I hated to put down, but I did need to sleep at least some.

Sophie Galen is still not over the loss of her soul mate Marek even though he is beyond saving, according to him at least. And she never thought she would be a part of the Thurzo family ever again after they deserted her. Then suddenly Marek's younger brother Rodrian needs her help.

Rodrian's daughter Shiloh hasn't changed over to a full Demivampire and he is very worried about her. Because Shiloh had had a great relationship with Sophie he asks her to move into Marek's old house to watch over his beloved daughter. After all, it's not like Marek was using the house any more.

As if becoming a babysitter for a teenaged DV who hadn't fully transitioned over wasn't bad enough, Sophie is still being hunted by the vampires. Thankfully, she found another Sophia to teach her how to be all that she could be, as far as being a Sophia at least. A true, and entitled Sophia.

Between saving a homeless Were and fighting the growing feelings she has for Rodrian, Sophie falls victim to the most powerful vampire around. One that had set the curse on the Thurzo family in the very beginning. But that isn't all. The one person she thought she would never see again comes back and knocks on her door, or is it still his door?

Marek is on the very brink of turning into a full out vampire and wants the woman he still loves to end his suffering. It will not only take all of her love for him and her strength, but the strength of a friend to set Marek free and save his very soul.

Wanting nothing more than for Sophie to get a break in the love department, I was hoping for a somewhat happy ending. Sadly though, that just wasn't in the cards for this installment. I am not deterred though. I am all the more hopeful that she will eventually get there. Can it be in the next installment Ash?? I know the wait is going to kill me!!

This is another great book by Krafton. The writing style is so easily readable and enjoyable that the pages seem to flutter by so quickly that once I reached the last page I become somewhat depressed because it was over so quickly. A sure sign that the book was really good, at least by my standards. My only regret is that I wish it was a bit more polished. My recommendation? Have a proof reader look it over before going to print.

4 of 5 stars
Available at Amazon on May 2, 2013

0 comments:

Post a Comment