Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Review: Tracking the Tempest

Today's book review is on Tracking the Tempest by Nicole Peeler

Tracking the Tempest is the second installment in Nicole Peeler's Jane True series, and pick's up four months after the ending of the first book.

This book had much of the very same as the last, Alfar involvement in harming halflings and humans, lots of sex between Ryu and Jane, good guy vs. bad guy battles, and dare I say sexual tension between Jane and Anyan?  Yes I said it.

I still enjoyed the book, even though some parts were more predictable in this installment than in the first, but I'm a sucker for romance.  I liked the way Jane grew both personally and powerfully as the story progressed, but find it hard to believe that she would so easily have feelings for Anyan while she is "with" Ryu. With that said however, she is looking deeper into herself to find the real Jane True.

I look forward to finding out where the next book takes Jane, and who she ends up with.  I'm rooting for Ryu, but then again I have an affinity for vamps myself.

I give this second book in the series a solid 3 out of 5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment