Saturday, May 21, 2011

Book Review: Vampire Kisses #8: Cryptic Cravings

Today's review is on Vampire Kisses 8: Cryptic Cravings by:  Ellen Schreiber


Schreiber's latest book in the Vampire Kisses series doesn't live up to the previous ones.  The story seems to crawl along at this point.  Raven is still waiting for Alexander to turn her into a vampire after a year of being together. 

Trevor is still a thorn in Raven's side, but surprises her by giving her a real birthday gift.  One that someone who cared about her would buy.  This set's off questions in Raven's mind as to his feelings for her and her's for him.  Are the young readers that clueless?  It has been apparent in books 1-7 that he has it bad for her.  Let's focus on that dynamic. 

Really, does it matter that Jagger's sister is trying desperately to have a boy tied to her that badly?  I think not.  Reader's want Alexander, Raven's and Trevor's story.  At least I think so.  And at book number 8, we should already be deep into that.

Don't get me wrong, the book was fine.  But that's just it...it was fine.  Nothing above average.

I know that I'll read the series until it's done just because I can't be left hanging, but I'm not sure about other readers.

3 of 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment