Monday, July 16, 2012

Book Review: Dark Passage

                                                     Today's review is on Dark Passage by Griffin Hayes

I never look at reviews written by other readers until I myself have finished reading the book in question, and have my own opinion formulated. So when I looked over the reviews for Dark Passage, I was surprised to find a common theme. Like the main character, many readers themselves suffered from a sleep disorder of some sort, including myself.

Tyson Barrett's childhood was anything but average. His mother, who had OCD, controlled every aspect of his life. Even his fears. He cannot walk in the middle of the room, his food is excessively wrapped in plastic wrap, and he can never, ever go into the room where "the monster" is. But those times and fears are all behind him now.

After authorities found Tyson near death with a bag over his head, he was taken away from his parents and placed in foster care. Eventually he fell in love, married, and had a son whom he loved very deeply. Everything seemed to be going along perfectly until the nightmares began.

He hasn't slept in weeks, his marriage fell apart, and he'll do anything to get his life back together. But when he becomes a guinea pig for an experimental PTSD drug, everything takes a turn for the worst. Now he'll have to face his greatest fear of all to save himself and the ones he loves.

As with Malice, Hayes delivers a fantastic story. Vividly descriptive characters weave a web of horror and mystery that will keep you intrigued until the very end.  Murder, mayhem, and definitely things that go bump in the night.  And though I thought Malice was exceptional, my copy of Dark Passage had so many mistakes that I'm just a bit disappointed.

4 of 5 stars
Available at Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment