Monday, August 26, 2013

Book Review: Destined

                 Today's review is on Destined by Aprilynne Pike

I know, I know, I'm a bit behind on reading this final installment of a series that captivated me with the first book, but I've been a little busy. I was really excited though when I was finally able to get to it. Unfortunately, that excitement didn't last very long.

Though there was plenty of action for our four friends, I thought that some of it was kind of boring and some rather cheesy. I mean really, Excalibur? Where was Merlin? Hey, why not throw Sleeping Beauty in there too? And the ending? Don't get me started. It was way to bland. It didn't truly tie up all of the loose ends. Questions still remain. Does David and Chelsea get together? And why the alternate ending for him with that letter? Does Tamani actually move in with Laurel and her family? After all, they are pretty much married according to Avalon's traditions.

As for David and Lau­rel.....come on! Laurel needs this long to figure out who she wants to be with? Tamani has been beaten up pretty bad throughout the series! He has to actually be on deaths door for her to realize that she "cannot live without" him? And I don't know about you, but I don't know of ANY male that would just sit there along with the girl he loves AND another guy that loves her all cuddled up together and be fine with it. Especially teens with those raging hormones!

I won't even leave you with a short description of Destined. It's just such a disappoinment that it's a waste of time. If you do decide to read it you'll see exactly what I mean.

A total dud to a series that started out with a bang.

2 out of 5 stars
Available at Amazon



Book Description: via Amazon

Laurel used to think she was an ordinary girl from Crescent City, California. She never would have believed she was truly a faerie from a realm called Avalon.

Now Laurel must risk her life to save Avalon from destruction by Yuki—a rare and powerful Winter faerie—and troll-hunter Klea. But Laurel won’t have to fight alone; David and Tamani, two boys she loves in different ways, will be by her side, along with her best friend, Chelsea.

Readers of the Need and Graceling series will want to follow Laurel’s story from its beginning in Wings to its heart-stopping end in Destined.

0 comments:

Post a Comment