Monday, May 7, 2012

Book Review: 40 Days 40 Nights

                                             Today's review is on 40 Days 40 Nights by Wendy Cartmell

40 Days 40 Nights is the first book that I have read by Cartmell, and though I loved the over all plot, I just could not get into it. Perhaps if I had read the first book in the series I would have enjoyed it more, perhaps not. 40 Days 40 Nights does seem to be a stand alone book.

Sgt. Major Crane has just gotten back to work after being shot and is given a "babysitting" assignment. He is in charge of security for the participants of the Olympic Games and Paralympics on Aldershot Garrison. But this seemingly boring assignment turns into something else all together.

Terrorist's are planning an attack against the "infidels." Their target is the military base, and it is up to Crane to stop them. But that's not the only thing he's worried about. Problems arise with his wife's pregnancy. He already missed the final ultrasound appointment because of work. Will he even make it to his own son's birth?

It is obvious that Cartmell did her homework; no pun intended to the former teacher. Her knowledge of The Koran is fantastic, and I love that part of the book is from the terrorist's POV. For me, the book was just so L..O..N..G.. But just because I wasn't thrilled with it doesn't mean someone else wont love it.

3 of 5 stars
Available @ Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment