Monday, September 23, 2013

Book Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


                      Today's review is on Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I must say that I only picked up this book because of all the hype I have heard about it. Though the cover is interesting, it didn't really pull me in. Thankfully though I found the story did. The story is well written, with such vivid descriptions you can almost feel your own feet sinking into the bogs of Wales and feel the ocean breeze on your face.

Jacob is stuck in a hum-drum, boring life. The most excitement he ever gets is the amazing stories that his grandfather tells him about the children under the care of Miss Peregrine and his short time there. The stories of invisible boys and girls that can float in the sky turn into just that, stories as Jacob grows up and his grandfather ages. He now longer believes them to be true and chocks them up to his grandfathers vivid imagination.

Everything changes however on the night that his grandfather passes on. His final words cryptic in nature. Jacob is not safe. He needs to find "The Bird". He will be safe with "The Bird".

Set on uncovering everything from his grandfather's past, Jacob winds up on the adventure of his life.

Though I did enjoy the book, I found some errors that should have been caught by the editor. I also felt that the photo's mixed into the story were unnecessary and interrupted the flow of the book. Besides that, I read this book on my Kindle and they were VERY difficult to make out, as were the shots of the letters that were written. Perhaps they are not the type of things one should put into an ebook.

Available @ Amazon.com
                                                      



3 of 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment