Monday, September 16, 2013

Book Review: Tempest's Fury

          Today's review is on Tempest's Fury by Nicole Peeler

I know, I know. Tempest's Fury was published almost a year ago, but I have been so busy with my TBR list that it took me this long to finally get to it, and it took me a few days to read it! But that's not because I didn't have the time. It's because I was basically bored for the first half of the book. Well, to be honest, it was the constant "almost sex" between Jane and Anyan that was the worst part. I mean HELLO! It's the fifth book! They should have been bonking already! Multiple times!! Thankfully though things finally got exciting and low and behold, my prayers were finally answered in the second half of the book.

Jane has been chosen to be the Joan of Arc of the supernatural world. A "job" she doesn't even want. After all, she's no hero. Anyan and Blondie are the hero's. But Morrigan wants to raise the Red Queen and the White King, and Jane is the only one that can stop it. Along the way, she has to deal with  annoying and medeling Alfar, double crossing spys, her main nemesis, being kidnapped by the rebel leader, and being kidnapped by the so called good guys! That's a lot to deal with, and a battle of this magnitude really puts things into perspective. It helps you to see what's really important in life. And for Jane it's Anyan.

In Tempest's Fury we are finally given the back story of Anyan. We are privy to all of the pain, the sorrow, the accomplishments, and love that shaped him and made him the man he is now. Believe it or not, I actually got choked up reading that part. But nothing prepared me for the ultimate event. At least the sexual part! (Why can't my husband do that??) Nor did I think the ending would be as sad as it were. An ending that may be Jane's breaking point. Thank God I already have book 6!!

3 of 5 stars
Available at Amazon



 Book Description: via Amazon

Jane's not happy. She's been packed off to England to fight in a war when she'd much rather be snogging Anyan. Unfortunately, Jane's enemies have been busy stirring up some major trouble -- the kind that attracts a lot of attention. In other words, they're not making it easy for Jane to get any alone time with the barghest, or to indulge in her penchant for stinky cheese.

Praying she can pull of a Joan of Arc without the whole martyrdom thing, Jane must lead Alfar and halflings alike in a desperate battle to combat an ancient evil. Catapulted into the role of Most Unlikely Hero Ever, Jane also has to fight her own insecurities as well as the doubts of those who don't think she can live up to her new role as Champion.

Along the way, Jane learns that some heroes are born. Some are made. And some are bribed with promises of food and sex.

0 comments:

Post a Comment