Monday, September 5, 2011

Book Review: Blood and Light

Today's review is on Blood and Light by Rue Volley

Blood and Light is the first installment in Volley's Blood and Light series. I agreed to review this book based on it's summary and was looking forward to a new and exciting story. However, this 400+ page book was like an albatross tied around my neck.

Though the central premiss of the story is enticing, the story seemed to go on and on and on. The characters kept being captured over and over by the same group and ending up in the same places. Bor-ing.

Also, I know there is suppose to be a love triangle between Rue, Josh, and Johnathan, but I'm not really feel it so to speak. It's obvious that both of them are in love with Rue, but nothing really happens.

For a 400+ page book I either want to be so enraptured that I just CAN NOT put it down, or I want to be on the edge of my seat waiting to see what comes next. Blood and Light did neither of these things for me. The events in the story are to repetitive. Perhaps Volley should have broken this tome into smaller books instead of trying to write a "Twilight" sized book.

2 of 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment