Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Book Review: Silence, (Wicked Woods #4)

Today's review is on Silence by Kailin Gow

Silence is the fourth book in Gow's Wicked Woods series, and though it answers all of the questions readers were anxious for, I didn't find it as enjoyable as the three previous installments.

In Silence we are introduced to the magical world of Palisor where Briony finds that she is the last surviving blood heir of the royal line.

There are all of the necessary elements for excitement in the pages, but for me it felt flat. Perhaps I was looking for more growth from Briony, rather than reading about more battles with "evil" vampires. How many books does it take before she chooses between Fallon and Kevin? When will she realize that the events that have happened require her to grow up? Let me see some more maturity in the development of the character's as each book progresses. Even YA's need to know that life requires us to make tough decisions, so lets see the character's we write and read about make some too.

I'm not saying that the book wasn't a good book, but as many of my friends can attest, if a book stands out for me, I get it read in one day. Silence took just a little longer.

2.5 of 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment