Friday, August 12, 2011

Book Review: Bad Taste in Boys

Today's review is on Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

I was told by my good friend MB to check out a book written by a good friend of his that was coming out soon.  When I read the synopsis of Bad Taste in Boys I decided I would give it a try.  As usual MB, you picked a great book for me to read.

Bad Taste pulls you in from the very first chapter and keeps you wanting to turn page after page.  It shows the awkwardness of high school with its caste system in place, with a nice twist.  In the face of sooo many vampire/werewolf books and movies out there it was good to have a different supernatural creature to read about that was well written. There a some one line jokes in the book that will put a smile on your face, but they don't distract from the story line.

Kate Grable, a high school Sr. is the student trainer for the football team.  She becomes distressed after finding out that the coach has been injecting some of the players with what she suspects to be steroids.  This isn't the case however.  When she is attacked by both her ex, Mike and the coach, Kate decides to do some testing on the mysterious medications her own and discovers a virus, and this virus causes its victim's to turn into zombies.

I really enjoyed reading Bad Taste, as I was impressed that even the class brain was able to snag the boy of her dreams. 

The good guys may always finish last, but with normally better looking significant others. 

I look forward to reading other books by Harris in the future.

4 of 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment