Monday, August 8, 2011

Book Review: Deep Like Me

Today's review is on Deep Like Me by Rick Bundschuh

Like many "recovering" Catholics, it took a traumatic life event to bring me back to God. This time however I questioned which religion I would follow instead of being forced to follow one simply because we "were Catholic."

After careful deliberation I chose to become a Christian, and one year ago on of all days Halloween; (I know, cool right!), I literally took the plunge and pledged my life to Jesus. Now I am a part of what I think is a good church and plan to get my hands dirty so to speak.

Amazingly enough, one of the pastor's at my church is also the author of Deep Like Me, along with other books. I saw the cover and was sucked right into the water.

In Deep Like Me, Rick uses real life experiences, humor, and fantastic story telling skills to not only help the neonatal Christian; like myself, but also the well aged Christian to feel secure, sane, and similar. We all like to feel, in most any aspect of life, that we are not alone. That others have the same fears and/or insecurities, and that we will be able to come out the other side relatively unscathed. And, if the pastor asks these same questions that I do, or feels the same way as I do, then there is certainly hope for me.

Though I do not believe absolutely every thing that is said in his book, I never felt offended or dissed in any way.

4 of 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment