Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Book Review: Brown Eyes (The Forever Trilogy)

Today's review is on Brown Eyes by Quinteria Ramey

Brown Eyes is the second book in Ramey's The Forever Trilogy and was a sheer pleasure to read.  This novella packed such a punch that for a minute I couldn't believe I had finished.  I found the story so dramatic that many times I found myself on the edge of my seat.  Literally!!

Ana now has all of her memories back, and not to soon.  The vampires are declaring war against the witches of Brighton in retaliation for the "murder" of one of their own.  And though she receives a message from London giving her three days before the attack, it seems the vampires have a timeline all their own.

With the fate of Brighton weighing heavily on her, Ana chooses to leave the safety of the haven to possibly draw the vampires away.  This however is not what happens in the end.  Nearly all hope is lost as she makes contact with Darren and see's what's happening through his eyes.  Everyone is dying, even him.  In the end she has done what she always has.  She ran away with Tristan.

There were quite a few mistakes in Brown Eyes that should have been picked up by the editor, and that is one of my pesky pet peeves.  I actually can't wait for the next book to come out next month.  I hope it lives up to this one.

4 of 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment