Sunday, June 19, 2011

Book Reiew: Awakening

Today's review is on Awakening by Cate Tiernan

Awakening is the 5th book in the Sweep series, and as the last I found I really enjoyed it.  Perhaps I am getting soft in my old age, but I did find myself smiling some and crying just a bit too.

Cal and Selene have fled town leaving Morgan with not only a hole in her heart, but a hole in her life.  She tells her family simply that she and Cal had gotten into a fight and that she broke up with him.  She then realizes that the birthday gifts that Cal had given her are more than likely spelled so that he can have some control over her.

While getting advice from Alyce on what do do about the spelled gifts, Morgan finds out that David's aunt; who actually owns Practical Magick; has died leaving a large debt.  The store may have to close.
Surprisingly however, the debt is forgiven.  Hunter suspects David has invoked the dark spirits to help him with the debt problem.

The romantic tension between Morgan and Hunter comes to a head when they finally kiss.  Hunter has found that he has fallen in love with Morgan and it seems that she may feel the same way about him.  Will there budding relationship continue?  I'll have to read book 6 to find out.  And, I'm not ashamed to admit that I ordered the rest of the series today too.

4 of 5 stars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment