Friday, June 3, 2011

Book Review: Purpose

Today's review is on the book Purpose by: Kristie Cook

Puropse is the second book in Cook's Soul Savers series and sadly is a big flop in my opinion.

The first quarter of the book focuses on Alexis and her self loathing.  Even with Tristan being gone for 7 years she still mourns his loss to the point where I as a reader became bored out of my mind.  She is so distraught that her mother has pretty much taken over as a parent of Alexis' son Dorian.

Finally, when I was just about ready to put the book down and never pick it back up, Tristan comes back into the fold.  I was hoping for much more adventure than actually happened.  I still felt that Cook hasn't identified her audience properly as the more romantic and steamy moments left me hanging.  If your going to write steamy, then do it.  Don't stop short, or don't do it at all.

I was amazed at the lack of attention that Dorian received throughout the book.  Even when reunited with his father.

This book didn't leave me hanging on the edge of my seat, it just left me hanging.

Sadly this book earns just 2 out of 5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment