Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Book Review: Out of Breath

Today's review is on Out of Breath by Blair Richmond

Out of Breath is the debut release by Blair Richmond and shows tremendous promise.  This 268 page, first installment of Richmond's three part series is easily read in one day. 

The reader follows the adventure of Katherine Healy, a nineteen year old runaway who also LOVES to literally run.  You see, she was on track in high school, winning races and impressing recruiters until,that is,her father runs over her foot.  Now she's on the run trying to get away from her problems, and her secrets. She ends her journey in the small town of Lithia and finds that things are not exactly what they seem.  Lithia has a secret all of its own, and she is thrown right into the middle of it.

Though I feel that this series shows great promise, I did find it to be a bit slow.  The reader never knows why Kat is on the run until the end of the book, and there wasn't much leading up to the great reveal. 

I would have liked a little more build up to the dramatic events in the book as well.  After all the first part of dramatic is drama.  Also, I know there is a love triangle there between Kat, Roman, and Alex, but it too is a little flat.

All in all, it is a good book, and I enjoyed it.  I am however looking forward to some growth in Richmond's writing with each new installment.  That; I feel, is the best part of being a book reviewer.  Watching the development, and improvement of new authors.

3 of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm your newest follower, have you ever thought about putting a pix of the cover in your reviews, it always helps me relating more to the book, thanks x
    sciencesosexy.blogspot.com
    creationsesmeralda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete